The Needham Group is a leading manufacturer of industrial inks and supplier of laser and coding technologies, currently recruiting for a Procurement Manager. The main purposes of the role is to develop, manage and optimise the purchasing supply chain across the group at our head facility in Whitchurch. This is a great opportunity to join a progressive company that has seen rapid growth in recent years and to become an integral member of our team.
– Salary £30,000 – £35,000 (FTE)
– Long service holiday allowance
– Onsite parking
– Excellent working environment and atmosphere
– Successful, friendly, family owned business
Key responsibilities and duties include:
- Lead procurement strategy development and subsequent negotiations for consumables, suppliers and logistics providers.
- Managing direct and indirect spends to ensure manufacturing and business needs are met and on-time delivery is achieved.
- Define and implement key KPI statistics across the group.
- Establish inventory control and implement associated processes and procedures.
- Build strategically important supplier relationships whilst engaging with executive stakeholders to understand the Group’s commercial ambitions.
- Demonstrating best-in-class procurement and acting as coach / mentor to raise performance of wider support teams.
- Using world-class procurement toolkits to deliver results from cost savings to risk mitigation.
- Using your Procurement experience, you will identify potential new suppliers and through effective negotiation deliver cost savings to the business, without compromising quality.
- Effectively manage current supplier base relationships
- You will work with internal stakeholders and key business stakeholders understanding strategic initiatives required to work towards business objectives.
- The monitoring of current supplier performance, including Quality, Service Levels and Supply timing.
- Relationships with suppliers including negotiating price and terms.
- Review and revise, when appropriate, Logistics providers service levels and spend.
- Authorise spend to agreed levels.
- Stock control Inks / Lasers.
- Process purchase orders and manage lead times / delivery schedules.
- Reduce cash tied up in stock holding.
- Keep stock to minimum levels without impacting production schedules.
We are seeking someone with the following skills and qualifications:
- A proven background in a Senior Procurement position within a Manufacturing/Engineering Environment. Knowledge of chemicals would be an advantage.
- You will hold a CIPS Qualification.
- Procurement/Purchasing management experience gained in an SME manufacturing environment.
- Effective communicator and negotiator.
- A proven track record of using KPI’s to improve purchasing performance.
- Strong Influencing skills to manage stakeholders and suppliers.
As a family-run business, The Needham Group are committed to providing a supportive, friendly working environment in which its staff can be proud of their outputs and fulfil their ambitions. TNG provide an exceptional level of loyalty and respect, and an enjoyable and rewarding place to work. Committed to continuous improvement and dedicated to creating unequivocal excellence.
How to apply:
To be considered for the position please send your CV and cover letter to Claire Gater at [email protected]